Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Mortality

What do you talk about when you meet a Hungarian for the first time? Work? Nah. Politics? Frequently. The most private thing? Always. I am meeting people connected to my work. I am amazed how quickly they open up with their innermost secrets, like yesterday, on how they are struggling with a potentially deadly disease. I was touched by death several times yesterday, and felt shaking and so disturbed that I needed to call PB. It no longer helps. Another sign of mortality. BP (not PB) orders me to call her instead. I found solace elsewhere. I met a famous freelance photographer, his photos are at . Worth checking it out. Amazing shots. I also had a very long interview topped by friendly dinner with interviewee and wife who I would be happy to have as friends. Bright, valuable, witty people. I left with the load of mortality lifted off from my shoulders.
Comments:
Glad to see you are updating so much...at first it was pretty quiet here...

I'm in Kentucky for a week. Like, four more days left. I'm exhausted. It sounds like you are having the emotionally trying trip that you needed to take. That's great. The problems we have at home follow us wherever we go.

Looking forward to August.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?